Don’t you wish your hair could always look like you walked right out of the salon? Believe it or not, the ingredients you need for gorgeous, healthy hair in between salon visits may be right in your own kitchen. ”You can give your hair the TLC it needs to look its best by using items you have at home,” said Lorri Goddard-Clark, stylist for Reese Witherspoon and lots of other gorgeous celebs. Here are some great at-home hair remedies, straight from the pros…
1) For healthy hair, you need a healthy scalp first. To reduce excess oil, put some witch hazel on a cotton ball and dab it around your hairline and part. Rinse with cool water.
2) For maximum volume, mix one egg yolk, a half cup of honey, two tablespoons of olive oil, and two ripe avocados in a bowl. Apply the mixture over your entire head until it’s hardened, then shampoo and condition as usual.
3) Are your locks dull and damaged from heat and overstyling? Try this trick: regular olive- or jojoba-oil masks. Brush a quarter cup of natural – not synthetic – oil through dry hair and leave it in for about an hour. Blow-dry the ends to help the oil run deeper into the hair, but avoid the roots – this could cause greasiness later on.
[ via Marie Claire ]
Okay, it’s time to admit it – we love Justin Bieber. Especially his trademark hairstyle. So maybe he did sound like a girl when he burst onto the music scene, but give the kid a break – there aren’t too many 14-year-olds who would walk up to Usher and ask to sing for him. But that’s exactly what Justin did, and a few years later he was playing sold-out shows at MSG and paying the equivalent of my rent on his haircuts. The “Bieber cut” was created by Justin’s stylist, Vanessa Price. While he’s on tour, she trims it every couple of weeks for a small fee of $750. Basically, he spends about $1,500 a month on his hair:
Usually, we think of hairstyles as a defining characteristic for girls. But for Justin and every other guy celeb, their hairstyle is a major part of their public image. J. Bieber’s signature haircut is definitely up there with the iconic Beatles cut, the Elvis pompadour, and Will Smith’s Fresh Prince flat- top:
Most guys are a lot less particular about their hairstyle. At Lasio Studios, most of our male clients tend to trust their stylist completely. “Usually, the guys just sit in the chair and tell the stylist to just go with whatever they think will work best,” said Milagros, receptionist at the salon.
So, guys – if you’re looking for a different ‘do, call Lasio Studios at (212) 477-2088. Megan and Mandeep are experts at men’s cuts!
After test results proved their original product contained over 10% formaldehyde, the makers of Brazilian Blowout have come out with a new formula called ZERO. The company claims this new formula is completely free of formaldehyde; instead, it works by using a plant-based bonding system called “KeraSafe.”
Brazilian Blowout’s recent press release states that ZERO produces the same results as their original formula, only without the unsafe amount of formaldehyde that caused so many problems for clients and stylists alike. Unfortunately, it’s hard to trust a company that has made endless excuses, rather than simply letting their customers know exactly what’s in their products. How can clients believe that Brazilian Blowout’s new ZERO is truly formaldehyde-free after the company has made these same claims before?
On Brazilian Blowout’s website, they still claim the original product to be formaldehyde-free. The company is facing a storm of legal attacks – the state of California is suing Brazilian Blowout for false claims to consumers, and several salon owners have filed lawsuits as well. All Brazilian Blowout products are banned in Canada.
Even though Brazilian Blowout may claim their new product ZERO is free of formaldehyde, stylists and clients should be wary of a company that has been less than truthful in the past. These chemicals are no joke – stylists need to know what they’re being exposed to on a daily basis, and clients need to know what’s being put in their hair. With Lasio products, you can rest assured that you’ll be 100% informed about the formulas, application, after care and anything else you want to know. Safety is our number one concern, and we’ve developed a product that will give you smooth, gorgeous hair with no strings attached.
Here at Lasio, we have developed the Safety 1st program to be completely sure that our stylists and customers are fully informed about all things keratin. We’re honest about our ingredients, serious about safety and completely dedicated to producing the highest-quality keratin treatments without the harmful effects. Our Safety 1st article outlines some precautions that should be taken before, during and after any keratin treatment.
Keratin treatments are truly a revolution in hair care. Keratin, a natural protein that’s also found in our skin and nails, has the ability to give us the gorgeous, healthy, shiny hair that nature couldn’t. With Lasio’s treatments, you’ll be able to style your hair in half the time, blow-dry it to perfection within minutes and easily create any style you want.
Here at Lasio, we’re serious about making sure our clients get the absolute best results possible from their keratin treatment – that means we’re serious about educating every stylist who uses our products. There’s a very specific application process for the treatments, and any stylist performing the Lasio treatments must be completely sure of the process before they begin. Our YouTube channel is a great way to get schooled on the application process of every keratin treatment Lasio offers. Stylists, these instructional videos are a must-see if you’re new at the whole keratin thing!
Lasio’s formaldehyde-free formula, Keratin Tropic, has received a ton of media attention since our Today Show appearance. You can get all the information you need in our Keratin Tropic FAQ, but for a real inside look, watch the Keratin Tropic Application video!
Mila Kunis is looking stunning as usual on the cover of last weekend’s LA Times. Her hair is a variation on the all-too-familiar ballerina bun – although this one is less Black Swan and more retro bouffant:
Mila wore designer Georges Hobaika for the shoot and a smokey eye/nude lip makeup combo. It all goes perfectly with the hair, which reminds me of a Audrey Hepburn vintage beehive:
Keratin treatments can help your hair fall easily into this style, and our Lasio stylists are great at creating chic up-do’s, too. Call the salon at (212) 477-2088 to get your perfect special occasion style – ask for Candy, our resident up-do expert!
This miserable New York winter has left us all in need of a serious beauty boost. Switching up your hairstyle – or color – is one of the best ways to feel beautiful when things aren’t going as great as they should be. But, before you take the plunge and go from mouse-brown to Gwen-platinum, there are a few things to remember. Each hair color has its own quirks – read on to find your perfect new hue!
Red is one of THE hottest colors for the spring. I’m in love with those beautiful dark red shades, like Emma Stone’s original color – well, the color that made her famous anyway. She’s actually a natural blonde! Anyway, not everyone can go red. It’s definitely a “look at me” color, so get ready to turn heads. If that’s not your personality, maybe a more subtle hue is in order. Red has the most upkeep out of any other color, too, so it’s one to avoid if you’re a low-maintenance chick!
Still ready to go red? Here are a few tips from the pros.
- Red hair colors with purple or bluish undertones are rarely flattering – instead, go for a color along the lines of “copper,” “strawberry” or “auburn.”
- Don’t even think about going red from the box. This is not a do-it-yourself color! If your hair’s already been colored red professionally, though, you can use a semi-permanent rinse in between salon visits.
- Red hair color needs lots of attention because it washes out faster than any other hue. Cover up your gorgeous new color in the sun with a hat or scarf, and keep the washing to a minimum!
NYC and LA salon owner Louis Licari, who joined Lasio last week on the Today Show, shared a fabulous color secret (courtesy of Marie Claire) – color glaze. “A red glaze can warm any hair shade,” said Licari. “A blonde can become a strawberry blonde, a brunette can go auburn.” Perfect!
Brown is the most common hair color, of course, but the most gorgeous brunettes are anything but ordinary – think Audrey Hepburn, Penelope Cruz, the Kardashian sisters… the list is endless.
The secret to a truly radiant brunette is different tones – highlights and lowlights to give your locks more depth and dimension. One major perk about going brunette is that it’s incredibly easy to maintain, unless you’re naturally platinum blonde…
Expert Tips for a Brilliant Brunette:
- Highlights and lowlights are the key to the most gorgeous brunette color, but don’t stray too far from your natural hue – you’ll end up looking way too blonde or red. Experts recommend going just one or two shades away from your base color.
- Try a tinted dry shampoo to blend in re-growth between salon visits – simply spray it onto a tissue and wipe it into your roots.
- Go extreme – dark chocolate brown or super-light. Medium browns are limp and lifeless!
Recently, a study came out that said that blonde women are currently making higher salaries than any other hair color. There goes the dumb blonde stereotype! Who knows if that’s true, but blonde is definitely a hue that will get you noticed. After all, it’s the most requested hair color in L.A…
Like red, blonde hair involves lots of maintenance if you’re got naturally darker hair. There are endless shades of blonde to choose from, so talk to your stylist – they’ll help you decide which hue is perfect for you.
If you’re ready to go light, here are a few tips:
- Your hair may be dry or dull after going blonde, so avoid any products that have alcohol in them, which can make the problem worse – no mousse, gel or hairspray! Call Lasio Studios to find out about our keratin treatments, which leave your hair so gorgeous and frizz-free you’ll never need any products.
- Have your stylist place highlights a few inches away from the roots for a sexy sun-kissed look – Reese Witherspoon, one of our favorite blondes, is a big fan of this technique.
- If you must submerge your beautiful blonde strands in saltwater or chlorine, coat your hair with olive or jojoba oil and put it up before you jump in – the oil acts as a “wet suit” for your hair.
Lasio Studios can help you find your best color ever – consultations are free! Call us today at (212) 477-2088 to schedule your appointment with one of our expert colorists – ask for Stacy, Megan or Mandeep.
[ via Marie Claire ]
Pair your Lasio Studios Chocolate Keratin Treatment with these awesome Valentine’s Day hair accessories from ban.do! All of them are delightfully V-Day appropriate. Try the sparkly heart, the “love” barrette or the girly bow – the hearts are sold separately, too, so you can put them on your shoes, clothes, whatever:
Ban.do was started by two girls in L.A. making vintage headbands. You can still find the handmade pieces in their Black Label collection, but since its beginnings in 2008 ban.do has become a celebrity favorite – some fans include Taylor Swift, Maria Menounos and Kelly Osbourne. These accessories are great for dressing up simple styles like ponytails and low buns. Check out Lea Michele rocking the heart headband at Disneyland this weekend:
You can see ban.do’s entire Valentine’s Day accessories page here, and don’t forget to call (212) 477-2088 to book your Chocolate Keratin Treatment at Lasio Studios – this month only!